Go Back   My German Shepherd Forum > The Dog House > Dog Health Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-12-11, 07:34 PM
Puppy

Dog being sick

hi
my german sheperd bithes which is 2 and half years old has been sick 4 times in last 24 hrs. my own opinon she pick up some food on the field were she runs. is there any think i can give her to settle her stomach down
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-12-11, 07:45 PM
Golden Oldie

I wouldn't give anything except plenty to drink, give it a day or 2 and if she is any worse see your vet :-) xxx

PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21-12-11, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGEON View Post
hi
my german sheperd bithes which is 2 and half years old has been sick 4 times in last 24 hrs. my own opinon she pick up some food on the field were she runs. is there any think i can give her to settle her stomach down
mine have been bit sicky this week.joe had runny tummey and was sick for 2 days but ok now.. i think they ate someting while we walked them in the harbour....

this helps to settle an upset tum .

1 egg white
1 tablespoon lemonade
1 teaspoon sugar. warm up on stove and then let her lap it up..

hope she gets better soon...
Old 21-12-11, 08:23 PM
Golden Oldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sams mum View Post
mine have been bit sicky this week.joe had runny tummey and was sick for 2 days but ok now.. i think they ate someting while we walked them in the harbour....

this helps to settle an upset tum .

1 egg white
1 tablespoon lemonade
1 teaspoon sugar. warm up on stove and then let her lap it up..

hope she gets better soon...
Don't know where I read/heard it, but egg is meant to be a big no no for upset tummies as it helps breed the bacteria.
Old 21-12-11, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Don't know where I read/heard it, but egg is meant to be a big no no for upset tummies as it helps breed the bacteria.
the yolk can upset tum but just the white with lemonade seems to do the trick. ive used this for years..
Old 21-12-11, 09:12 PM

When Cooper had an upset tummy, we gave him boiled rice with little bits of chicken through it, this seemed to settle his tummy, we did leave him for 12/14 hours after he had last been sick before we started him on this but it worked a treat, (by the way, the reason he had an upset tummy, was that my wife took him to her Rainbows group and they kept feeding him treats!!)

ARABEST, DAVE & COOPER
Old 21-12-11, 11:06 PM

I have always just starved my dogs for 24hrs if they have upset tummies, that way no bacteria can breed and then the following day they get chicken and rice and scrambled egg to bind them.
Old 21-12-11, 11:46 PM

...I do same...leave 24hrs, make sure dog is hydrated, and feed rice and boiled chicken..

PitaPata Dog tickers